Hello,Has anyone know how to link a JSP file into TS to replace regular way for DCT?Currently I has a JSP page in the TS UI to instead of a DCT, which means there is a aaa.jsp not file called datacapture.cfg in the template folder. But which config file I need to add this information?Any replay will be appreciated.Thanks,AleksTS 6.7.1 on Unix
Thank you, fish.I don't have an initial UI screen for this JSP dct. But as you said, I just import to the content_center_scr free, template folder of TS UI as well, then using templaing.cfg to write this JSP dct in, it should be working. I just wonder how TS figures out to invoke which DCT because the name of JSP dct is different with the name in the templating.cfg.Thanks,
Can you confirm that you're looking to use a JSP to render the form, rather than trying to produce JSP as your output? templating.cfg will only let you do the latter via XSLT or TPL, but you're completely on your own for the former.Assuming we're still talking about the former, perhaps you could provide details regarding what it is that you're hoping to achieve. Your solution seems very heavyweight and there's probably an easier (and better supported/maintainable) way to add functionality to your forms via inline commands and/or FormAPI.
I am trying to use a produce JSP as input form rather than TS' datacapture.cfg. This JSP will be rendered a sitemap, then to be picked up by application server for display.My question:1. How to use JSP to replace datacapture.cfg?2. Could you please explain why my solution seems very heavyweight?Thanks,
Do you have anyone around you with a better command of the English language? I'm not saying that to be rude, but rather because it is somewhat apparent from this thread that those of us who want to help you are not able to do so because we do not understand what you are asking.As near as I can tell - you're talking about replacing OOTB templating (FormsPublisher) functionality that utilizes DCTs (XML) with some sort of custom templating functionality controlled by JSPs -- if so, you are completely on your own as you are completely avoiding using the functionality provided by the product.If we are misunderstanding what you are asking (or you are misunderstanding what we are saying) - then you need to find someone who can assist with the translation of the information in both directions - otherwise this thread will go on for ever without any clear indication of whether progress is actually being made.
Your understanding is correct. The business request wants a good Looking and Feel form with functionality which TS DCT can not be produced as that way. This is the reason why I posted out to use a produced JSP instead of using TS DCT. As you said that will be on my own to avoid using the functionality provided by TS product. I totally agree. So have anyone done this before and what big risk will be?Thanks,