Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SiteMap: URL Aliases
Rob76
LS 7.1
Is there a solution OOTB that uses the URL Aliases feature as part of the SiteMap?
We have a requirement to allow page links to update in LS Pages if the folder path changes at the web root.
For example, if /foo/bar/HelloWorld.page changes to /foo/bars/HelloWorld.page how can I use the Aliases feature in the SiteMap to remap those links in the Components? Is there another place I should be looking to implement a solution to address this requirement?
BTW, all content is stored in DCRs.
Thanks
Rob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rob76
Nevermind, I think I answered my own question by looking here
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=30904&forumid=66&highlight=alias
Rick Poulin
What that thread fails to talk about is that using
http://server/alias
will fail as soon as you have multiple sites or for sites that don't use the server root. You should instead use the appropriate page token to let LiveSite figure this out for you.
e.g. use $URL_ALIAS[HelloWorld] instead of
http://server/sitename/HelloWorld
.