Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy Not Null issue (how to insert a space)
Paul
I am using Teamsite 6.7.2 and OpenDeploy 6.2.1 on a Windows 2003 server.
I am doing a simple DCR deploy to a single table and all works well except. I have one column in the database that is set to NOT NULL and sometimes there is no value for that column (which is correct). The application team that is using that data has asked me to insert a blank space. When I type a blank space in the field in the DCR and try deploy it fails. Is there a way to properly insert a blank space in that column using the DCR and OpenDeploy?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Hmm, I have never been able to do that, even with a newline as the value. Does the DB support it ? Which DB BTW ?
I just tried it with SQL 2005 and OD 6.2.1 and no go. I edited the XML by hand to make certain.
Funny thing is Enterprise manage lets you remove the data from a not null field anyway.
Paul
The database in question is DB2. I can manually add a space via the DB2 front end but once we get to the STAGE and PRODUCTION environments my ability to manually edit is gone. I am working with some of our DBAs here and they seem to think it's theoretically possible but...
nipper
Good luck.
Theoretical question, why is it NOT NULL when you want it to be empty at times ? Seems to me the easiest way tis to fix the DB.
Migrateduser
If you have the ability to edit the sql table, the you can modify the Computed Column Specification for that field and enter '' (two single quotes). This will populate that field with a blank value instead of null whenever something is inserted into the table.