Just a sanity check...I see that no version of Windows (03 or 08) 64-bit is "officially" supported. Am I reading that right? 6.7.2 supports Windows 03 64-bit but not 7.x (7.1 or 7.2)?TIA
Actually, if you read the 6.7.2 Release notes carefully you'll see that it only supports 32-bit OS's even if being run on a 64-bit architecture hardware; 7.1 only indicates the support for 32-bit OS's but doesn't address the architecture of the hardware. So, I don't think it's a change.However, if you want an official response you'll have to contact Autonomy Interwoven [Support].
We don't currenlty have support for 64 bit OSon Windows in TS. Here's what we have so far for support on TeamSite v7.1:Windows 2003 Server R2, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit, Windows 2003 Server SP2, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit, Windows 2008 Server, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit, It is noted though that you can use these 32bit OS's on the 64bithardware so you're ready when the 64bit OSs are support.We start support for the 64 bit OS in OD but only for Windows 2008.Here's what Windows OS's are supported in OD 7.1:Windows 2000 (SP2 or later)Windows 2003, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit (on x86 or x86-64 hardware)Windows 2003 Server SP1, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit (on x86 or x86-64hardware)Windows 2003 Server SP2, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit (on x86 or x86-64hardware)Windows 2003 Server R2, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit (on x86 or x86-64hardware)Windows 2008 Enterprise Edition, 32-bit (on x86 or x86-64 hardware)Windows 2008 Enterprise Edition, 64-bit (x86-64 hardware)On LiveSite 7.1 were support the following:Windows 2003 SP1 and SP2 32-bit (on x86 and x86-64 systems), Windows 2008 32-bit (x86 and x86-64 systems)I'm still trying to confirm if there have been any changes to thissupport under our recently release 7.2 products (though most likely notas dot releases are normally fixes and minimal enhancements note majorchanges).So I believe in listing what's supported I've also answered yourquestion about what can you use in the Windows 2003 side of the house.As always, Eng is doing there best to work at including other versionsof OS's in future releases but it's to early to get a firm answer onWHEN the 64 bit OS's will come into play here. Until it's completlytested and certified to work, they won't release any info on it.
TS 7.2 Release Notes rev 3 (ts_72_rn_rev3_en.pdf) mention support for "Windows 2008 SP2 Server Enterprise Edition 64-bit"