Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FileSite Folder Structure
fonx
Hi guys,
I am trying to develop an addin (using VB) in Outlook that works on FileSite. I am new to FileSite programming and so far I like the application and the speed the search operates by retrieving documents. However, I would be grateful if anyone could clarify the following questions:
1. Is there a way to use the Outlook session that is already connected to FileSite application, typically the username, password, and servername instead of me prompting the user to provide the log-in credentials or hard-coding it? If there exists one, which function/library should I use?
2. Is there any built-in function in FileSite API that could retrieve the entire folder structure (only folder names, id and properties) of the system? Other posts in this forum suggest that it is possible to search for folders. In this case I am not doing a Search but would like to retrieve the folder structure without having to step through it (in order to save processing time) Please could someone provide me directions?
I am coding this in VB and would be very grateful for any VB code samples to solve the above or at least information to the relevant API calls I need to make.
Thanks,
Fonx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
1. Use TrustedLogin
2. It depends on what folder structure you're looking for. Are these WorkSpace folders or legacy folders?
fonx
Hi DocAuto,
Thank you for your reply.
2. Since FileSite is connected as a PST to Outlook, I am looking for an approach (any inbuilt WorkSite function) that could get FileSite's entire folder structure. True, this could be done recursively but apparently I am curious as a developer if there could be another approach.
Any hints appreciated....
Thanks,
Fonx
Migrateduser
I'm afraid there is no easy solution to this. There are no built-in commands. When I came to the same issue I was told by Autonomy developers that recursing is the only way to go through the tree.