Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems using hot folders
Amanda_J_0204
Running MediaBin 4.6.2 on Windows 2003 server
I downloaded the hot folder editor and wanted to test it before we try anything substantial. For the source, I chose a folder within MediaBin that I have access to. For the destination, I tried using a shared folder on my computer. Selected a retrieval task to convert to MOV. Once all the details are included in the "Hot Folder Source Details" window, if I click "ok", one of the two errors display, and they alternate:
Error Adding HotFolder Configuration: MBException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
And:
Error Adding HotFolder Configuration: The process cannot access the file "\\MyServerName\MBTempDir\HotFolders\Logs\HotFolderCfg3_1.log" because it is being used by another process.
I didn't see anything in the MB Server Asset Administrator's guide about the first error. And I didn't see anything about a process that would use HotFolderCfg3_1.log. Has anyone run into these errors before, and if so, how did you resolve them?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Amanda_J_0204
Reinstalled the MediaBin Publication Service on the server - this seems to have fixed the problem. We'd had an older version installed.