Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
License question when upgrading
Hokumet
Hi there,
I am working for a company that wants to upgrade from TeamSite 6.7.2 to Teamsite 7.2.1.
Therefore we need to upgrade also the following components to be compatible.
Opendeploy 6.2.1.0.0 to OpenDeploy Deployment Server 7.2.1
LiveSite 3.1.0.0.69626 to LiveSite Display Services 7.2.1
LiveSite Content Services 7.2.1( and we need this too).
My question is: Do we need to download or ask for new license files?
Can we use the old one? And where do we need to store them when upgrading.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Hokumet
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you are upgrading on the same physical server - you may not need a new license file of the versions you are upgrading from use the same license file concept.
If you are adding a service (like LSCS where you didn't have it before) - you will probably need a new license for that (assuming it has a separate license - I'm not sure, haven't done anything with LSCS yet)
If you wish to get new licenses to replace your old ones (probably a good idea, but not necessarily needed) - you should be able to do so from the Support web site and then put them into place after you've upgraded the software - and reboot to make sure everything is still functioning.
If you upgrade on a new physical server (usually recommended so that you have time to make sure everything is fully functional before putting the upgraded server into active use) - then you do need new license files.
Hokumet
I want to upgrade a physical server which has Teamsite now. But I want to test the upgrade process. So I made a vmware image of that server. I want to upgrade that vmware image to see if there are some problem. If I can upgrade the image without any problems I will update the real system. can I still use the old license files?
I have now only Livesite-> After upgrade I will have Livesite Display services and also Livesite Content Services. So I need a new license for the LCSC?
Thanks again
nipper
Yes you will have to generate the new LSCS license. You also have to find out whether you qualify for LSCS or you have to purchase it. LS became LSDS, targeting plus a lot more functionality became LSCS.
I have a server that has the old 6.5 SP2 TS license and it works with 7.2.1 without SP and targeting enabled. If your TS license is SP enabled you should be good to go.
Hokumet
If I read everything correct. I can use the vmware image which has Teamsite in it and the license files. I only need a new LSDS license file. Which I can regenerate?
Because I have Teamsite 6.7.2 with S.P.
Thanks a lot guys but I have just 2 little questions.
Where do I need to save the new LSCS license file. In which directory on the server?
"And targeting plus a lot more functionality became LSCS". What are these functionality? Maybe I don't need LSCS. Maybe I am good without the LSCS?
Thanks a lot again
nipper
Note, I know licensing fairly well, but am not a A/I representative. You would be well to verify.
Check with your contract. If you have just LiveSite, then that will map to LSDS and TS/SP
If you have targeting, then you need to talk to A/I and figure out the upgrade path. LSCS has its own install, so the license goes down there. It is installed on the TS server. In addition, the license for TeamSite would say Targeting=true
Hokumet
If LSCS is only for targeting then I don't need it? Can I just upgrade TS, Opendeploy and LSDC without LSCS to test if everything works fine? Because I still dont know if LSCS is needed
TS lic file :
HYPERTHREADING=true
SITEPUBLISHER=true
SERVERTYPE=Development
PRODUCT=TS
TARGETING=false
OD lic file:
DATADEPLOY=true
SERVERTYPE=OpenDeploy Development Server
PRODUCT=OD
INTELLIGENTDELIVERY=false
ARCHIVAL=false
BASESERVER=true
thanks
nipper
No LSCS is not required (though the install will want a DB for it anyway). So go ahead with the upgrade.
Hokumet
Thanks again. I will try to upgrade one of these days. After that I will come back and tell you how it went.
Thanks a lot again folks
chitresh
Hi,
Can you let me know how well did your upgrade go, Did you face any major issues?
Adam Stoller
Hi,
Can you let me know how well did your upgrade go, Did you face any major issues?
After almost 2 years - I'd hope it went okay by now ;-)