Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
onSaveValid event not triggering
kjackson
I have a data capture template with the following line just before the </ruleset>
<script language="javascript" src="gazette_userscript.js" location="template-type"/>
which calls the attached file (which obviously is a .js on the server). The file is located in the same directory as the datacapture.cfg - I assume this is where it is supposed to be (I didn't find the documentation on this point very useful).
At different times today I have proved that each individual function in the usercript actually does what I want it to, however when I try to put them altogther and call them via the onSaveValid event, absolutely nothing happens.
If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Regards,
Kerryn
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
From what I can see in the documentation (the online docs are a bit better here than the bound / PDF docs - check out
http://ts-server/iw/help/tst/formapi/formapi_3.html#SEC3
) - the same directory as the datacapture.cfg file should be correct.
You might try sprinkling alerts() throughout your code to see if you can figure out *if* it's getting called and how far along the chain its getting called - not to mention to verify values that you believe are set to verify they have what you thought they'd have in them.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Jens
I think the problem is the ";" at "function onSave();"
--> function onSave()
startArg.png
Adam Stoller
Hmm - missed that - but yes, that's almost definitely causing a problem - good catch!
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
kjackson
THANKYOU!!!
Sorry I didn't mean to shout but I *knew* it had to be something like that - I had just been looking at it for too long. At least now parts of it work... As fish suggested I am sprinkling alerts throughout the code to track the problem down and am getting closer.
Regards,
Kerryn