[size=2][color=#7f0055]public[/color][/size][size=2][color=#7f0055]class[/color][/size] OpenDeployTask [size=2][color=#7f0055]extends[/color][/size] DeployURLExternalTask
public void execute(CSClient client, CSExternalTask task, Hashtable params)throws CSException {setCurrentTask(task);setClient(client);//Execute the deploymentsuper.execute(client, task, params);log.debug("Deployment END: " + " [Deployment: " + getDeploymentName() + ", Deployment Area: " + getDeploymentAreaPath() + "]");//Delete filelist after deployment (if one was created)deleteFilelist();[/left]}[left]
It isn't clear how to go about this Are there javadocs for OD jar files? Do we have to go through the WSDL interface and make http requests to/from there in order to initiate the deployments? Is there another (perhaps better) way?
Do we need to write custom WSDL code (like ODHOME/websvc/1.1/examples/client_java/*)? [indent]Or is just activating the WSDL service sufficient from the OD side of things?[/indent]
Are there jar files and javadocs for interacting with the OD WSDL interface? [indent]Or do we have to construct our own http / lwp code for sending requests and retreiving results?[/indent]
From the CSSDK side, can I use an existing authenticated CSClient object to initiate the deployment, or do I have to go through some other means to gain authentication on the OD side of the equation?
I'm not sure this will answer all your questions, in fact I'm sure it won't, but hopefully this will help some. To perform an actual deployment, we have create a Java class called OpenDeployTask which extends the DeployURLExternalTask class, which as far as I can tell, is not documented anywhere. Surprise!
Adam,Have a look at the OD Dev guide -- Chapter 1: Web Services. It talks about this in detail along with how to set it up. OOTB, you have all relevant Java classes, JAR files, etc. It walks you through the steps to set it up.Your specific questions:Read the chapter that I have stated above and it'll answer some of these.
DeployURLExternalTask
I'll try and see what I can do...
In any case DeployURLExternalTask is described briefly (along w the variables) in the WFM guide. Take a look at that.
Have you filed a bug report on the absence of documentation for this class?
No - this was originally written by the consultants, so I inherited the code. It was already there, so I didn't have to deal with finding it. I think they told me they discovered it in a DevNet post.
The methods/functions being called there (e.g.: setCurrentTask, setClient, deleteFilelist) are those yours or something that comes OOTB (I'm guessing the former). It might help to have some idea of what those methods are doing.That's sounds nice - I'm especially liking the odDeploymentInst piece since I was wondering whether there was a way to set that. I imagine I can set [some] of these programmatically via the CSTask (derived) object interface.I'll play around with this for a bit - it may be a little while before I actually get to test anything I'm trying to write right now, but this is definitely food for thought.Thanks.
... the fact that the DeployURLExternalTask is not documented in the javadocs is (to put it mildly) annoying - if it were, I probably wouldn't have had to start this thread.Can you find out why this is missing from the javadocs - and, perhaps, post a version of what it should be here so we don't have to wait for 7.2 to be released before we get it?
IMO, There is probably some internal documentation for that but it is not released to the public/customers since it is part of the application core "confidential?" where CSSDK is meant for the public to use.
You are correct. This class is available OOTB as-is and is documented in the WFM guide. If you want to do anything advanced or customize it then you have the option to write your own custom class that will use OD WS directly.
I'll try and see what I can do... In any case DeployURLExternalTask is described briefly (along w the variables) in the WFM guide. Take a look at that.
The documentation in the WFM guide is rather limited..
The documentation in WFM only describes how to use the deploy task in terms of class name to use and available task variables. It is not javadoc type of documentation, but when you get your hands on DeployURLExternalTask.java source code you will be able to figure out things and how to use/extend it.
That's the thing - you shouldn't have to decompile the source code to figure out how to use a class that they expect you to use! Interwoven sometimes does it's very best to deter people from being able to use it's products. Simple documentation would make life so much easier.
We would like to do this within the Java code as opposed to having the Java code exec a CLT.[/indent]
I was just curious why this is a requirement. Thanks.
Hi,I have recently started working in teamsite and have developed Java code for CSSDK . I use CSSDK code to "submit the modified files to staging". Now, i need to deploy these files to the staging area on our server.This process is already being done through teamsite code to Open Deploy the files to staging. Now, it needs to be done through CSSDK code. I have read the OD guide : OD_621_dev_V03_EN.pdf for the web services portion and the referenced docs mentioned there. There are some configuration file changes mentioned there. I am new to OpenDeploy and wanted to know how OpenDeploy works and would changing the configuration of files only work for me considering my requirement to do it with CSSDk or do i have to write some java code ?If so ,how do i go about it?teamsite version : 6.5OD : 6.2.1Please help me for this ......Thanks ..
oh!! is it so ??hmmm......can you elaborate a little bit more on the possible solution u described ? from which docs could i get help on it from ? please help...