Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Templating error
sanhitaroyc
I have made the changes in templating.cfg, created folders, datacpature.cfg and tpl file and restarted Teamsite. But i m getting the below error.
Root cause:
Couldn't get a DCT file at //servername/default/main/geamBusiness/WORKAREA/Business/templates/common/bios/datacapture.cfg [datacapture.unable_to_find_dct.error.msg ]
Does anybody have a clue as to what am I missing?
Thanks
Sanhitaa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Check the permissions on the file to see if you have access.
sanhitaroyc
I am using TEamsite master user
Migrateduser
That doesn't necessarily mean that you have access to the file.
sanhitaroyc
In the servletd_out.log, i m getting the same error. i need the detailed error to find the root cause
Rick Poulin
Open a command prompt as your current user, and try to 'cd' all the way up to your DCT starting at /iwmnt or Y:\. Sooner or later, we expect you'll get a "Permission Denied"
BarChartColor2.rptdesign
sanhitaroyc
I gave proper access but still the same error
Migrateduser
Also, shouldn't your path use templatedata instead of templates?
//servername/default/main/geamBusiness/WORKAREA/Business/
templatedata
/common/bios/datacapture.cfg
I think you need templatedata so that TeamSite knows where to look for your datacapture.cfg file.
Also, please explain what you are doing to get the error.
sanhitaroyc
I have renamed the foldername ..this can be done as mentioned in the Admin guide -
To change the directory in your workareas where templating content will reside, modify
the /etc/iw.cfg file. The default directory is templatedata.
[teamsite_templating]
data_root=directory
anything else that i should be checking for?
Migrateduser
Can you create new DCRs, save them, then re-open them for edit without error?
If the above is true and this is only effecting existing DCRs, then you may need to run iwextattr on the existing DCRs.
Also check that the datacapture.cfg file doesn't have any hardcoded paths to templatedate in them.
sanhitaroyc
I am not able to create new DCR because of this error. Have attached templating.cfg and datacapture.cfg files
Migrateduser
Your templating.cfg is missing an end tag.
sanhitaroyc
oh sorry ..that was copy-paste typo mistake.. in cfg, its present ..checked
Migrateduser
I tried your templating and datacapture and they work fine on my system.
You mentioned that you changed the following
[teamsite_templating]
data_root=directory
Can you paste that section of
your
iw.cfg file or the file itself so we can check it for any typos?
sanhitaroyc
The below code snippet in iw.cfg
[teamsite_templating]
data_root=templates
sanhitaroyc
The below code snippet in iw.cfg
[teamsite_templating]
data_root=templates
My client does not want "templatedata" name as it does not sounds user-friendly. Hence, the need to change
Manage Data Parameters.png
Migrateduser
Everything looks good. I don't have the option of trying that config change on my system myself so I can't test that out.
You might want to open a support case.
As for you clients request, you should probably push back, if they get their way on this then you're opening yourself up for a lot of unnecessary requests.
sanhitaroyc
Thank you so much taalgaard for your efforts. I will revert back the folder name and test now. If it works then will definitely speak to the client regarding the same.
sanhitaroyc
With the folder name changed back to "templatedata" still the same error
Root cause:
Couldn't get a DCT file at //servername/default/main/geamBusiness/WORKAREA/Business/templatedata/common/bios/datacapture.cfg [datacapture.unable_to_find_dct.error.msg ]
Now, it seems name is not the factor.
Migrateduser
Delete your datacapture.cfg file and start a new one from scratch.
Not that yours shouldn't work, but try this in your templating.cfg file.
[PHP]
[/PHP]
sanhitaroyc
ok doing as the line you mentioned.
After making any change in datacapture.cfg file, I restart teamsite by executng /etc/init.d/iw.server stop and start
Is this fine?
Migrateduser
I run Windows, but I believe those commands are correct.
Changes to datacapture.cfg, templating.cft and tpl files don't require a restart. Most changes to iw.cfg will be picked up too, but sometimes require a restart.
sanhitaroyc
tried ur code line..deleted cfg and imported again with proper access ..still the same issue
Migrateduser
Make a new file from scratch, don't import. Just in case there is something messed up with that file.
Also, post a screen print of your TeamSite GUI. Maybe we'll see something in your pathing, etc that you aren't seing.
Possibly restart the entire server, in case it's just a temporary issue.
sanhitaroyc
Created cfg file there itself in Teamsite..attached is the screenshot