Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Backing Store migrate
prem_pratick
We are presently using TS 6.7.1 SP1 Patch 5 on windows 2003 Server. We are planning to upgade to TS 6.7.2 SP2 on windows 2003 server(VM Ware). Does this upgrade require a backing store migration.
Thanks
Prem
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Crsb
I believe you don't have to run iwmigrate for this upgrade. I did a similar upgrade and I had no problems using the content store as is from 671 SP1. But this is good time to do some content store clean up if you want to get rid of any old content/editions/dead workflows...
GreenIndex.zip
leoankit
Backing stores will not be affected. When you run the installer for upgrade, in the very last step, the installer runs the script 'migrate_non_root' which changes ownership of stores and few files to 'iwts' user. It will be a good option to take a backup of your store if you can although I didn't face any problem.
Also please check if the '/iwinstall' directory contains all the files else installer will throw error.