Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Index server not starting
tsatt
Hi,
I am having trouble with the index server. After installing the teamsite search, the index server does not start automatically on startup. I feel that it might be due to event subsystem not starting at startup. sometimes it does not even start when manually running the /etc/init.d/iw.tsindex start command. also I only see the following folders in iwhome/eventsubsystem folder : conf, and lib
Here is the error I am seeing in the iw.tsindex.log file.
[HTML][14 May 2011 22:58:25,703] FATAL com.interwoven.hunter.index.IndexServer (main) - Error in initialization of the Index Manager
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing Listener for Interwoven
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.Listener.(Listener.java:94)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.IndexServer.startListeners(IndexServer.java:342)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.IndexServer.work(IndexServer.java:283)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.IndexServer.main(IndexServer.java:210)
Caused by: javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://tsserver:3035. Reason: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:283)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:227)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:205)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.Listener.init(Listener.java:118)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.Listener.(Listener.java:71)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.connect(TcpTransport.java:435)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doStart(TcpTransport.java:401)
at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:53)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.start(WireFormatNegotiator.java:72)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:263)
... 7 more[/HTML]
I looked at many articles in devnet and support site but do not find a proper response.
Thanks
TeamSite 7.2, Linux, DB2.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tsatt
anyone having any clue?
Thanks
Migrateduser
Are you running TS and Index on same Linux host? Is ESS service/port 3035 up and running on TS server?
A2L
When you try to start\restart teamsite server, Index server keeps on hunting for teamsite server but is unabale to find out.. The number of retries index server will do until it goes for a toss is specified in configuration file. try changing that parameter(increase number of retries or increase time interval between successive retries..
also check when you shutdown index server there should be some delay in restarting as port used by index server is not released immediately.
Good luck for your implementation
tsatt
Yes manz, the index server and the search server along with teamsite server are all running on the same machine. I think I was having trouble starting ESS. getting error. Thanks
Thanks A2L. Which configuration file is that?
Thanks
Rick Poulin
The eventsubsystem is an annoying one to get working properly. You probably have a nasty stack trace about that in Interwoven/Application Container/server/default/log/server.log related to the event subsystem (which is the thing that's expected to run on port 3035). Find and post here.