Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
data deploy without primary key - is it possible?
Richu
Hi All,
I have the following requirement:
In database there is a table called Tbl_Product with the columns given below:
ID - Identity column
Name -varchar - not null
RateType - varchar - not null
I have written a data deploy script to deploy data from DCR into the above table.I have not given any mapping with the ID column as it is auto generted(identity column) I have just given the primary key name in primary key section. PFA the script.
Is it mandatory to map PK also?
Any kind of help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Richa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
As I recall, DD requires you define a primary key and if you have a unique id generated on the DB side you need to create / use some other form of primary key (singular or combined fields) in order to satisfy DD. The 'path' field may be sufficient.
It doesn't matter if the DB doesn't use that field (or combination of fields) as a primary key itself - just that DD can use it as such.
new_report_2.rptdesign