Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VFE-51041- object element should contain some descriptive text
boggle
[color=#333333]VFE-51041- object element should contain some descriptive text
[/color]
[color=#333333]Evening everyone,
We have a requirement to be w3c accessibility priority 1&2 compliant and the validation in VFE is one tool we use to help enforce compliancy. Our clients use VFE 5.1.0.41 on windows XP with IE 6.0. Teamsite 6.7.2 is on Windows 2003 server. The clients must use object tags to be compliant but then all validation gets halted at the first instance of an object with the following:
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, Guideline 1 An object element should contain some descriptive text.
What is it looking for? Desc, alt, longdesc, ... are not valid with object tags and it has a title.
Here is an example of an object that passes w3c but not VFE:
[[HTML]
[/HTML]
I've spent the afternoon mining the Ektron dev center, these forums and Autonomy's support center but I guess I'm not wording my query correctly as I'm not finding anything useful.
Anyone have a constructive suggestion as to how to get validation to accept the object?
Thank You
Susan
[/color]
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
boggle
I think I've got it. For whatever reason ektaccesseval.xslt has
[HTML]
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, Guideline 1
An object element should contain some descriptive text.
[/HTML]
which gives the error if something
is
between the object tags (params or text). I changed it to
[HTML]
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, Guideline 1
An object element should contain some descriptive text.
[/HTML]
which I think now accomplishes what is needed: to display something in case the object does not display.
Thank You