Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD DNR not executing on target
neski
Hi,
I'm trying to execute a DNR script on target. It's a very simple DNR, sort of "/bin/touch mytest.log" to check that it is working, but I got nothing done.
I've tried a DNR script in the source system (a windows system) and it goes right.
I've searching in the logs, but I cannot find any error message. Maybe I'm not looking in the right log.
This is my DNR definition:
<deployment transactional="no">
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="jsp" />
<dnrDeploymentJob location="target" when="after" state="always">
<script cmd="/bin/sh /home/scexua4/bin/run.sh" as="" where="/tmp" async="yes" />
</dnrDeploymentJob>
<dnrDeploymentJob location="source" when="after" state="always">
<script cmd="c:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe c:\iw-home\local\bin\od\dnr.pl" as="" where="" async="no" />
</dnrDeploymentJob>
</deployment>
Any help would be really welcome
PS. This is what I get in the log file of the client:
LIB: Locale=[English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary]
(2) RunScripts when=client_after_disconnect on state=success
LIB: LOGFILE=[C:\iw-home\opendeploy\OpenDeployNG\log\src.pasof_glo.jsp.interwoven.to.rcvr.log]
LIB: Locale=[English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary]
(2) RunScripts when=client_after_all on state=always
(2) Executed script [c:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe c:\iw-home\local\bin\od\dnr.pl] where [] as [] succeeded
It's like it's trying to run a script en client_after_success, but in my configuration file there's no mention to it...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
It may not make any difference but I was interested as to why you left the as="" attribute in without a value. I expected that general practice would be to either put a value in their or not include the attribute at all (and accept the default).
Other things to check might be the permissions on your script -- although I note you have the bin in there also so this might not be important.
hth
Cheers
Michael
neski
Thanks Michael,
I left the as="" attributte because I'm using the DD GUI to create de configuration file and it writes it down this way. However I've tried to delete the attribute by manually editing the XML configuration file, unfortunately it didn't work either.
I've also checked the permissions on my script, actually it's 777 chmoded.
The problem is that I can't see any error on my logs. The only weird thing is this line on the log:
RunScripts when=client_after_disconnect on state=success
when I'm not mentioning any DNR on success...
Migrateduser
dnrDeploymentJob isn't supported on the target.
Try using one of the Task-Level Triggers.
Btw, the OD 5.6 Admin Guide p. 202 provides a diagram illustrating each of the possible trigger points.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
neski
Ok, I guess I just got it.
DNR scripts on the target must be executed while still connected, which is kind of logical, so they must be triggered as a deployment task between connection and disconnection. So I've defined my DNR like this:
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="httpserver">
<deployNRun>
<dnrDeployment location="target" when="before" triggerPoint="disconnect" state="always">
<script cmd="/bin/sh /home/scexua4/bin/run.sh" as="root" where="/tmp" async="no" />
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
And it works fine.
However I am not able to see any reference to this issue in the manual, in fact, in page 207 it's said that you can launch a DNR Script after disconnect.
and I still have a question:
is this task-level deploymen-based DNR supported by transactional deployments?
Thanks for your help.
Migrateduser
There's a doc bug (#45730) to clarify some DNR behavior issues.
However, the OD 5.6 SP1 Release Notes include additional info about transactional deployment behavior when a DNR returns a -2 response code.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
neski
Thanks, I've looked into de DD 5.60 rn docs and there is a good explanation.
Thanks to all
Edited by neski on 10/08/03 03:43 AM (server time).