Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Couldn't parse DCT bytes into DOM [datacapture.dct_parse.error.msg ]:Invalid byte 2 o
shahzamaj
I have DCT. It was working fine.
I am not sure, what has changed in that DCT while trying to modify script, I am getting error message
"Couldn't parse DCT bytes into DOM[datacapture.dct_parse.error.msg ]:Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence"
Whats this error message due to ?
How to find out whats wrong and where ?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
My guess is that whatever editor application you (or someone else) last used to save the DCT wasn't configured properly and wrote a binary identifier into the output file - you need to remove the binary identifier.
Rick Poulin
Specifically, FormsPublisher saves content using the UTF-8 charset but doesn't print the UTF-8 byte order mark like it's supposed to. Opening this file in a text editor would report it as ANSI, and anybody saving it as UTF-8 would actually introduce that three-byte indicator that FormsPub isn't expecting.