My question is - is it possible to output xml from TeamSite? My efforts so far have failed.
I guess I am curious why there are so many posts that ask, "Can you output [XYZ] from TeamSite?". I hope I don't seem presumptuous in asking this. I've just always wondered if there is something I am over-looking that drives this common question. Hopefully some others can chime in?You can create any kind of output you like, particularly if you're leveraging Perl presentation templates. You could output XML, JSPs, Javascript, HTML, simple text, PDFs, CLOBS to put as records in a DB, whatever. Pretty much anything or a combination of multiple anythings as long as you've got the time and resources to write an appropriate template (or build an appropriate workflow, too, I guess).
I guess I am curious why there are so many posts that ask, "Can you output [XYZ] from TeamSite?". I hope I don't seem presumptuous in asking this. I've just always wondered if there is something I am over-looking that drives this common question. Hopefully some others can chime in?You can create any kind of output you like, particularly if you're leveraging Perl presentation templates. You could output XML, JSPs, Javascript, HTML, simple text, PDFs, CLOBS to put as records in a DB, whatever. Pretty much anything or a combination of multiple anythings as long as you've got the time and resources to write an appropriate template (or build an appropriate workflow, too, I guess).All that to say, how have your efforts failed in trying to output XML? Are you getting specific errors or anything?
Another one is related to very real issues of virtualization, rendition Environments, Live Site and all this stuff. People template something,click "Preview" and expect the result to appear by magic no matter what this "something" is.
....I am working on a POC which combines a dcr with a tpl, or xsl to possibly output xml. My question is - is it possible to output xml from TeamSite? My efforts so far have failed.Any advise would be appreciated.
Bjorn, Thanks for your response. I have looked through the examples in the installation directory and none of them actually outputs xml i.e the extension for output for the data-type press release in the templating.cfg is html.Other than the need to generate xml via presentation templates, I also need to generate content which can be consumed by a portal and is rich enough to contain tables, images etc. Any scripts or examples of scripts would be apprciated.