Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
log4j.xml for iw-preview
Mohamed
Hello,
I have written a custom login authentication and during preview (when you double click the page which has login component) I would like to see the log messages from my custom classes. I configured log4j.xml in \local\config\lib\content_center\livesite_customer_src\etc\conf\livesite_customer directory for my custom classes.
But still I am not able to see the log messages.
However when I directly modify the log4j.xml in
\httpd\webapps\iw-preview\WEB-INF\classes directory then I am able to see the log messages emitted by my classes. But I don't want to directly modify the log4j.xml here.
All I wanted is to configure log4j.xml in livesite_customer_src directory and during build it should include this file for the page preview.
By the way I am using LiveSite 7.1
Any ideas please ?
Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
Dumb question maybe, but are you sure you ran the right build?
The make_toolkit.ipl script is used to build the TS UITK (iw-home/local/config/content_center/customer_src) whereas the ANT build.xml script is used to build the LiveSite/SitePub webapp (iw-home/local/config/content_center/livesite_customer_src).
Make sure you run the ANT build script by going to iw-home/local/config/content_center/livesite_customer_src in a shell and running command 'build'. That should properly copy your log4j config to the httpd/webapps folder.
Mohamed
Hello,
I forgot to mention that I used the build.bat for the build.
Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed
Rick Poulin
Something must have gone wrong with your build then. I suggest making a small change to the log4j.xml in the livesite_customer_src directory (so that the build notices the change), then run build.bat and post the output here.