Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Referencing the OD variables from the Workflow Modeler
maguire14
I built a deployment configuration file called "simple.xml" that has all the attributes hardcoded into it for consumption by a workflow deploy task (as built by the workflow modeler). It is functioning properly in this state. I am interested in substituting some of the hardcoded attributes and I took a first step by adding an OD variable called "target". I am aware that the system will prepend "odSubst_" to the variable. I have updated my deployment configuration file, simple.xml, to reflect this new variable like so:
This seems to be breaking the deployment with this message in the log file:
LIB: 2010-09-15 14:02:23 ERROR: [./] is not an allowed deployment pathLIB: 2010-09-15 14:02:23 ERROR: [./] is not an allowed deployment path.
Thus, indicating that the substitution is not occurring. How do I reference the OD variables from the Workflow Modeler deploy task in my deployment configuration file?
Thanks
- Mike
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
maguire14
Looks like the < targetFilesystem area="$odSubst_target^" >
wasn't published
Thanks
-Mike
I built a deployment configuration file called "simple.xml" that has all the attributes hardcoded into it for consumption by a workflow deploy task (as built by the workflow modeler). It is functioning properly in this state. I am interested in substituting some of the hardcoded attributes and I took a first step by adding an OD variable called "target". I am aware that the system will prepend "odSubst_" to the variable. I have updated my deployment configuration file, simple.xml, to reflect this new variable like so:
< targetFilesystem area="$odSubst_target^" >
This seems to be breaking the deployment with this message in the log file:
LIB: 2010-09-15 14:02:23 ERROR: [./] is not an allowed deployment pathLIB: 2010-09-15 14:02:23 ERROR: [./] is not an allowed deployment path.
Thus, indicating that the substitution is not occurring. How do I reference the OD variables from the Workflow Modeler deploy task in my deployment configuration file?
Rick Poulin
In the workflow model, the OOTB deployment Java class uses the odSubst_ prefix to indicate that this isn't something for the task to use, but rather to pass through to the deployment. The name of the variable is only what follows.
So, specifying a variable called odSubst_myODvar in your task vars, you'd want to reference it as $myODvar^ in your deployment config (or $target^ in your case).
Side note: To debug, the macro deployment log for your deployment should contain the list of variables that are actually being passed in.
ChartChangeMarkerColorForNegativeValues.rptdesign
maguire14
That did the trick
Thanks
-Mike
connectTable.PNG
dataTable.PNG