Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Write access for Everyone went missing from Y drive templata data folder
punitrb
We had an issue where the write permissions for Everyone group had gone missing from the templata data folder in which the xml are there(path is Y:\default\main\WORKAREA\development\templatedata\).
I checked the event viewer logs and don't see any specific activity that would indicate this change.
Does TeamSite track the Y drive subfolders security changes ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
It does if you set it up that way.
Things to look at are:
submit.cfg settings
workarea_security in iw.cfg
group shared by in the workarea definition
punitrb
Hi, This is what I see
iw.cfg has this entry
workarea_security=false
what should I check in submit.cfg, I see 2 of those
configurable_author_submit.cfg
configurable_default_submit.cfg
plus what to check in workarea defn.(is it the groups in its access list on server?)
Thanks
nipper
nope wrong file, iwhome/local/config/submit.cfg
You need to read about that and learn how it works or take some training.
punitrb
Ok, but are there chances that a TeamSite process or event can trigger such a change on the folder permissions..?
punitrb
and I don't see submit.cfg in the iwhome/local/config folder
nipper
Not that is what fixes the permissions issue. You do not have one so your permissions are random.
Why it happened, no clue, we were not there, someone could have changed permissions. Or someone did an import. including folders.
View the properties of the workarea in TS GUI, it will tell you if the workarea is for an individual or shared by a group.