1) How could you find out, whether its "XML" or "IWOV" DCT without looking at the first two lines of the DCT ?
2) I believe, DTDs given in manual are for IWOV type DCT. Are the DTDs provided for XML type DCT at any place ?
3) Can you please answer to my questions for both types ? I guess I am getting issues because of the type of DCT being created.
4) Will DTD be different for "content-type" DCT ? Where can I find DTD for this type ?
1) I am sorry for the second code. Its not real code, I produced it to present my questions and I missed an opening root-container in the second code.
Still a question, if I want to access an element of it3 in DCT, I can use IWItem.getItem("/rt/ct1/ct2/ct3/it3");where it3 is the name attribute of this Item. So even there is a duplicate name for an item, thats not a problem as long as xpath is different
Originally Posted by shahzamajStill a question, if I want to access an element of it3 in DCT, I can use IWItem.getItem("/rt/ct1/ct2/ct3/it3");where it3 is the name attribute of this Item. So even there is a duplicate name for an item, thats not a problem as long as xpath is different You need to learn how to express your questions more clearly.You are asking if you have an item named "it1" that appears within both "ct1" and "ct2" - is there a problem? And the answer, as you have already determined is "no" - because the xpath to the item is distinct:•/rt/ct1/it1•/rt/ct2/it1Quote:Originally Posted by shahzamajFor iwov type I can use IWItem.getItem("/it3");where it3 is the pathid attribute of an Item.So in this case every pathid has to be unique in a DCT, irrespective of what container they are located in. Will that be ok, if I access item in iwov style DCT using xpath ? No - Using the same example as just above - the difference is that there is no root-container, beyond that there is still no issue:•/ct1/it1•/ct2/it1
So, I dont have to use root-container in case of an IWOV type DCT. Is this choice or mandatory ? By this statement I mean, I dont have to include root-container at all in DCT developmet of IWOV type ? If I still use root-container for DCT, is it valid or its an error ? If I use root-container in IWOV type DCT, and I need to use path to the item in script, do I need to include root-container in the path or is it optional , eventhough root-container is present in DCT ?