When you are writing to a workarea. you also have to have execute permissions to every folder from /default on down.If you have sudo access, do this, sudo su iwui -cd /default/cd maincd branchcd branch2cd WORKAREAcd Contentetcsee where you fail.
Without seeing more details of both the source code and the error messages, it's difficult to determine what is happening / why it's happening.Are you sure you're providing the right kind of path (file system path vs. vpath) and/or a writable path (workarea path vs staging area or edition path)? These may seem like simplistic questions but since you haven't provided real details that's where the questions have to start.
I provide more details below:I call a CGI in a DCT, the perl CGI will call a system command, the command need to generate a file under the target folder(within one workarea). In order to make things simple, I write below perl code to test:system('touch /iwmnt/NEW-CMS/main/CMS-PRD/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/ipad_content_browser/ipad_resource/test_file');and the log says: touch: /iwmnt/NEW-CMS/main/CMS-PRD/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/ipad_content_browser/ipad_resource/test_dir cannot createthis target folder(ipad_resource) has 777 permission, and the owner is "iwui". I'm sure iwui is the user who runs the CGI and the group who runs the CGI is "nobody". And I'm sure iwui have "x" permission on each pre-directory. I searched the forum, and found that: iwui doesn't belong to the group of the branch. But in my senario, iwui is not allowed to set as one group member of any branchs because of security reason. I set iwui as owner of the target folder, and read, write permission. I think iwui is the owner, so iwui has write permission, but I got above Permission Denied error.Does there a way to let CGI write to the target folder without setting iwui to the branch's group? Thank you all in advance!
How are you calling you CGI in the DCT?There is a file called show_env.cgi @ iw-home\httpd\iw-bin, which displays environment variables, try running it and see what is the user id when cgi is invoked from DCT.
in order to make things simple, I write below perl code to the CGI:system('mkdir /iwmnt/NEW-CMS/main/CMS-PRD/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/ipad_content_browser/ipad_resource/test_dir');the error log is: mkdir: Failed to make directory "/iwmnt/NEW-CMS/main/CMS-PRD/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/ipad_content_browser/ipad_resource/test_dir"; Permission denied
Hi All,Is it possible to change the user who runs the CGI? Such as change the user to the one who is editing the DCT?
You could try using iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi