Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Should files be deployed to LSDS when StartDeployment.trigger is called
System
LS 7.1
We have a CSURLExternalTask that calls StartDeployment.trigger. It gets everything into LSCS the way we want but none of the files are deployed to LSDS. I thought it would take care of all that, but I am apparently wrong. What needs to happen to get the files attached to the task to deploy to LSDS? If I am to vague let me know and I will fill in the blanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
StartDeployment only handles LSCS .... For LSDS, you need to program / script following:
1. OpenDeploy files to target LSDS file system.
2. Create LSDS cache files (cache.xxxx) and deploy those as well.
OOTB PLC WF does both LSCS + LSDS deployments.
Migrateduser
PLC has been problematic for us. We have a couple of requirements. A QA step in our work flow that deploys to the local (SitePub) LSCS, and LSCS and LSDS on a QA runtime. Then a production step in the work flow that deploys to LSCS and LSDS in a replicationFarm.
We have gone with trying to tweak the PLC and have created a custom bean. We added it to our customer-teamsite-resource-config.xml
[HTML]
xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">
[/HTML]
I have attached the bean if you are up for looking at it.
What seems to be happening is that the QA instance of LSCS is updated but the files are not deployed. For the production piece the prod1 server LSCS is updated but the prod2 server is not, and the files are not deployed.
If I need to attache some config files to get a will third set of eyes on it I will be happy to do so.
Thanks for the prompt reply.