Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite6 install Problem
System
Installed TS6 over 5.5.2 SP3 and now I cannot get the login screen to come up. I got the error that I had some kind of problem with the webapps and that I should run install_webapps.ipl -f -r due to errors. When I ran it in a command window I got some obscure java compile error. I rebooted the server and then ran the command again and it ran fine. I then try to login and I keep getting Tomcat errors stating that it cannot find the jsps. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
bump
Migrateduser
There are a number of people investigating your problem/issue. In the mean-time, please check into this information (provided by our engineering team to me):
1) The war files may be corrupted, you can check this, but it's unlikelyl since you stated the install_webapps ran fine
2) Since you can see the login page, it means that the the install_webapps is ok and that servletd is up and running. However, the toolkits.xml may be missing one or more entries from the followings. We suspect it is missing either ccpro.tk.war or ccstd.tk.war:
<toolkit id="base" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/base.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="teamsite" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/teamsite.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="vpreview" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/vpreview.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="formspub" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/formspub.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="ccpro" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/ccpro.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="ccstd" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/ccstd.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="metadata" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/metadata.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="vannotate" path="/preserve/iw-home/private/lib/content_center/vannotate.tk.war"/>
<toolkit id="customer" path="/preserve/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer"/>
can you check this?
lissa
runtime.JPG
Migrateduser
I would like to make this correction.
I cannot see the login screen. I get a Tomcat error screen giving me a 404 error.
Thanks in advance
Mark
Migrateduser
Mark, the installer doesn't touch http.conf.template and rewrite.conf.template that are responsible for webd-servletd "communications". These files have to be merged manually. May be this is the problem? Can you send me these files from your system? The path is <iw-home>/iw-webd/conf
Thanks.
Elena.
Migrateduser
I did what was suggested and this allowed me to get the login screen to come up. Thanks for the help. After I login I get a blank screen except for the word BASE at the top and nothing else. I have rebooted the box to see what happens next. I will keep you guys informed.
sunil_j
Hi,
Myself run into exactly the same problem. I have not yet rebooted the server. But when I try executing the install_webapps.ip -f -r .. it says
removing webapps content_center is done ....
. and when I try to see the contents of iw-home/httpd/webapps I notice that there is no content_center.war file.
Please do let me know how to solve this problem?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
gzevin
guys, how did you install TS6 in the first place? we did not have appropriate webapps when we used the GUI to install. command line install solved the problem.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
sunil_j
Hi Greg,
I did not get your point? I am currently running on TeamSite 5.5.2 SP3 on Windows 2000 Server SP3. I tried to upgrade to TeamSite 6.0 and followed the instruction in the installation guide as by running the install.exe.
What do u mean when you say you did not had appropriate webapps when you used the GUI to Install ?
What should I do next?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
gzevin
well, we used a clean install and we ran an install GUI. It did not create appropriate webapps for us.
did you run a command line tool?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
sunil_j
Hi Greg,
Its likely that I am also facing the same problem. Its not installing the appropriate webapps.
When you write command line .. do u mean to say the silent mode as specified in the installation doco ?
I did not use the command line/ silent mode.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
gzevin
well, run the command line - there is an option that the install script does not attampt to run that GUI, but it does provide an output. Look at the install guide for options.
We actually worked with IWOV support on that, but resolved it ourselves by running command line tool.
Initially , I, based on my vast experience with IWOV tools, did not want to run GUI iinitially. it was our sysadmin who insisted on it, and alter on he admitted that my gut feeling was teling me the right thing!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
sunil_j
Thats was too good Greg !!
OK Finally do let me know if I try uninstalling TeamSite 6.0 whould it bring my TeamSIte 5.5.2 back up again ?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
gzevin
Sunil,
I never tried to downgrade teamsite... Give it a try (but I doubt it'll work in a clean manner). If I were you, I'd backed up everything in the first place and would simply restore it....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Obtain Write Lock.jpg
sunil_j
Thanks,
I did took the backup and will restore if required.
Thanks.
regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
sunil_j
Hi,
The Installation document refers to install.bin file. I am unable to locate the .bin file ??
Could you tell me the location for the same ?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Migrateduser
I recommend you contact tech support to work through your questions or issues, this may be like peeling an onion, where one problem is uncovered at a time.
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
I am having the exact same issue. When I reinstalled the webapps with IIS stopped, it worked fine. No errors. I rebooted and Y: comes up fine. Web Daemon seems compeltely unresponsive. When I telnet to port 80, I can't get anything when I send "GET HTTP / HTTP 1.1" command. It just sits there without ever timing out. Netstat is showing that port 80 is being monitored. When I browse to port 81 it does work and IIS serves up the content.
Has someone solved this issue? If so, a little help, please.
- Jason
Migrateduser
I am actually trying this. The uninstall uninstalls TeamSite completely. Little known fact: backingstore (after upgrading to 6.0L) is no longer compatible with 5.5.2.
- Jason
Migrateduser
> Little known fact: backingstore (after upgrading to 6.0L) is no longer compatible with 5.5.2.
What does that mean, we have to go through something like that 5.0.x to 5.5.x backing store conversion nightmare/fiasco, or like previous point releases it automatically updates the backing store and you just can't reverse propogate it back to a 5.5.x system?
Migrateduser
From what I can tell after upgrading to 6.0L, then uninstalling, then installing 5.5.2, it can no longer read the backing store. It says that 5.5.2 can read store versions 000000 - 000003 not 000004.
So, I guess the lesson here is to backup your iw-store before upgrading.
- Jason
Problem FastCopy View1.docx
Migrateduser
Hi Jason,
It's safe to assume that backing store changes occur at every "dot" release we put out. We make efficiency changes to the code which require additional data to be stored in the backing store, and thus a backing store version change - which prevents roll back.
Our commitment is never to do this in a service pack, because those need to be 'roll backable' - but all else is standard operating procedure. We have mentioned this in the past. See
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=1334
.
I think we make a general statement in the docs that you should do a full backup before moving to a new release in case you need to move back to the previous release. I think the confusion got started with the conversion process for 5.5, but basically we've been upgrading the backing store at releases for as long as I can remember (pre-4.0). I'll make sure that we are more explicit in this statement going forward in the documentation.
Thanks,
David Yun
Sr. Product Manager, TeamSIte
dyun@interwoven.com