Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Getting time of last profile edit - IManDocument.EditProfileTime not working
CameronDC
I'm using the iManage COM library version 8.2.
I'm attempting to get the time of the last edit of a document. I obtain an IManDocument object which has an EditProfileTime property on it, which the documentation says is "The time when the document or its profile was edited." Unfortunately, the value of this property is always the same as the EditDate property (midnight on the date it was last edited).
Does anyone know how to get the actual edit time?
Is there a new version of the COM library?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You must combine EditDate and EditTime.
Arwin
Actually that is incorrect. CameronDC is asking for the EditProfileTime (DateTime), which is not the same as the (System/File) EditDate + Time, which you need by compositing the two profile fields you mention.
I was just coming here to post I found an API error.
The myDoc.EditProfileTime property gives back the incorrect value, as mentioned by CameronDC. I haven't noticed it sooner because for our regular exports I normally use:
myDoc.GetAttributeValueByID(IManage.imProfileAttributeID.imProfileEditProfileTime)
This gives the correct value.
myDoc.EditProfileTime may be getting its value from the History as well, not sure. I noticed that the History gives a list of activities in the reverse order, e.g. the newest entry has an index of 1.
Would be nice if Autonomy could clean this up (it seems to be still there in 8.5).
try.rptdesign