Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dynamically fill a SelectSingle on change of another SelectSingle?
NeeL01
Hi all,
I want to fill a select upon the changing value of another select in a component during Set Default Content / Edit Component phase. What I'm trying to do is I want to fill the first select with the first level navigation links. Then, when one of the options is selected, I want to fill the select below with the child navigation links of the selected one. To get the links I have to make a java call. Can I accomplish that?
Thanks...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
SitePub component datums don't (yet) support that kind of dynamic functionality. There's no way to execute Javascript in that interface. If you have moderately complex content capture requirements, I'd suggest externalizing your data to DCRs and referencing them from components, though you'll want to put some thought as to whether all the repercussions of that switch would work for your business/client.
gomathiharidoss
Hi,
Check the Generator tag.
Regards
gomathi