Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
With WorkflowModeler, how to pass Job ID to OpenDeploy?
fiquebem
In WorkflowModeler 7.* (TeamSite 7.*), is it possible to pass the Job ID/Number as the value of the "odDeploymentInst" Task Variable? We're using the built-in Deploy Task.
The "Workflow Modeler 7.1 User's Guide: Revision 1" mentions a TS Macro Variable called %workflowid;, but no such TS System Variable.
I'm currently passing the userid as the value of "odDeploymentInst," but some users are so quick in publishing they need more unique deployment names/instances. I suppose I could resort to $IW_TIME, but then we'd end up with thousands of OpenDeploy log files.
Yeah, I could write a custom Java class or Perl script, but ...
Thanks,
S.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I ran into this issue (among others) and wrote my own deployment class - based on an "undocumented" class. If you search the forums you should be able to find some threads regarding at least some of the details.
Alternatively, you may be able to set the task-level variable via an externaltask that runs prior to the deployment task. You would definitely have access to the jobid within the externaltask script / program...