Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Prefill name in save dialog
jlove
I'd like to prefill the file name that shows up in the save dialog for my DCT, but I haven't been able to find a solution. I don't want to use the auto generation feature because I want to create the name of the file based on a title field in my dct and I want to allow the user to change it if desired.
In my onSaveValid handler function I trigger the save dialog box to appear (/iw-cc/command/iw.formspub.browse_for_save_form) and that accepts several parameters (ie. ceiling, vpath, hier_callback), but I haven't been able to pass it a file name to prefill. Has anyone else tried this before?
I'm using teamsite 6.7.2.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
There is no supported way (that I know of) to pass in a value for that field in the OOTB Save DCR form.
You could create another field on the DCT that captures the name of the DCR from your other fields, allow the user to edit it, and then on save - using an event handler - do auto-naming with the value of that field (once you've saved though, you probably want to make that field read-only and also on Edit so that it cannot be changed arbitrarily by the user once the DCR actually exists)