Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Import Applet Problem
System
Hi DevNetters -
One of our Macintosh users has an issue today where the import option is not working for him in Firefox.
It worked 2 days ago and, since then, he has had 4 plugins upgraded. This is the info he sent me:
- Yes, I imported and submitted a file successfully on Saturday.
- I had four browser plug-in upgrades this morning ( Charles-currently not enabled, Firebug, Flashbug. Not sure what the fourth was ). I just uninstalled Charles to no avail.
- Browser restart and cache clearing did not work, nor did rebooting my computer.
Right now, the import function just shows a broken image "X" icon for him.
When he tries this in Safari, he gets this message:
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_28
Using JRE version 1.5.0_28-b04-382-9M3326 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = /Users/jhallo
We're running TeamSite 6.7.1 on Solaris.
Any ideas? Can he re-install the import applet, or is this more likely a jvm problem or ??
Update: the user sent me this info:
Works in Chrome, not in Firefox or Safari. I’ve always used TeamSite in Firefox up until now. In Java Preferences > Security, it said that the certificate for teamsite was expired. I can’t figure out how to renew that certificate, though.
and, he sent me this:
I just installed Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 9, hoping this would fix the problem. It didn’t, though.
Many thanks,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhargav Coca
I would try to Install JVM again on this machine (One capatable with current version) Then reboot and start to do the entire process in a new browser window. It should pop up a window to ask you to run , click ok and it should load the applet.
If this process doesn't work, I would uninstall my Firefox and Reinstall it to see if it works.
HTH