Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Steps to access TeamSite from outside the corporate network
JoshProx
What are the steps to configure web daemon to access TeamSite from outside the corporate network. We've already opened the relevant ports to access web daemon over http and https. What are the detailed configuration steps involved?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jamik
why would you do that? TeamSite's not meant to be used out in the open due to it's user licensing. If you have people in the company who need to access TeamSite remotely then they should be using a VPN connection to log into the corporate network.
With that said, just talk to your web admins on how to point the DNS at the teamsite server and set up a domain for it, but like I said there's no good reason to open it up to outside the corporate network and is a big security risk (and possible licensing issues depending on what you're thinking of doing with it when it's opened up to the world)
JoshProx
We want to give CMS access to some of the agencies who only need to modify the content. We have already opened the relevant ports and added a domain name. We made relevant changes to teamsite configuration and restarted services. I am still not able to open TeamSite gui from outside. Do you have a detailed list of steps for achieving it.
Jamik
like i said you need to talk to your web admins and potentially your network folks. It's just a webserver so as long as your network admins and web admins have set up the dns, firewalls and routers properly people from the outside should see it just fine. You need to talk to your internal folks because no one here is going to be able to walk you through this since your network setup is specific to your corporation.
I still advise against doing this as it's a major security risk. Those agencies that need access should be set up with accounts in your network and given vpn access. or you need to provide a ftp dropbox for them to access and have someone in the corporation handle loading that content into teamsite or a batch job that loads the content each night.
Migrateduser
https://customers.autonomy.com/support/secure/docs/FAQ/Interwoven/61987.html
JoshProx
Thanks for the article. I just want to configure a test environment and see how it works. I can then work on the SSO and SSL communication for better security.
JoshProx
I modified the iwwebd section in iw.cfg and restarted TeamSite services
[iwwebd]
default_protocol=http
http_port=80
https_port=443
#host=XXXXXXXX
host=abc.mydomain.com
I see that iwwebd.conf being updated when I restart the services. What else needs to be modified. Does anyone has a complete list of steps for achieving this.