Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment to multiple web and app servers
Icebreaker
Hi There,
I have a requirement to deploy to multiple web serves /app servers. I am looking for a samples on how to use routeDefinition in odnodes.xml and how to use routedDeployment in OD deployment config.
I got the information from the DTDs, but I am not sure how to write the xml. Any help here is highly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
Do you have any particular need to use a specific route definition?
Normally if your target servers are all reachable from the source, you'd want to deploy (set your target) to a replicationFarm and then list each target server within that farm. (You might want to look that up in the docs)
Look at the diagrams in Chapter 2 of the OD deployment guide. Most cases need Fan-out deployment (which use replicationFarms) or even multi-tiered deployments as opposed to routed deployments.
In any case, that chapter also has some XML snippets that should at least be sufficient to get you going.
Icebreaker
Thanks Rick,
You info really helped.
Regards,
DS from Global variable.rptdesign