Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD config XML question
laj1
I have a question. I want to use a parameterized config file to pass the value of the file list attribute in for my source section.
filelist="$FILELIST^"
This works fine when I pass in the name of the filelist file, but when I want to leave the filelist attribute empty, in order to do a comparison deployment, and use -k FILELIST="" on the command line, I get told:
***ERROR - FileList not found.
Is there a way to have my cake and eat it?
Thanks.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I ran into this exact same problem and it's whined about in one of my posts in this forum. Evidently it's a bug and you really can't do anything about it. The best approach I was given as a workaround is to have 2 separate definitions defined in your config, one with a filelist parameter substitution variable and one without (filelist="") and then pass in which definition you want to use in your <execDeploymentTask> tag. For example:
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="$def^" downRev="" >
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
laj1
The best approach I was given as a workaround is to have 2 separate definitions defined in your config
Ah yes. The many headed-hydra known as
Workaround
. Well, Now I Know(tm).
Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Migrateduser
At least there is a workaround...I must have spent 2 days trying to figure out a way to do what you were trying to do. I'm hoping Todd and the gang will make this work in the next version of OD. Right, Todd?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
The bug # is 45914. The best way to help bump the priority is to open a case with Tech Support and attach it to the bug.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Capture.PNG
Migrateduser
Darn...I thought the best way to bump the priority was to suck up to the product manager. Need another trip to the employee store, Todd?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Well, the holiday season is approaching and I've lots of presents to buy. Just kidding. ;-)
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
laj1
At least there is a workaround...I must have spent 2 days trying to figure out a way to do what you were trying to do.
Well thanks for sharing it. It worked quite well.
It just vexes me slightly, because now I might want to add some more brains to my wrapper script so it can decide whether to
do a STAGING-based deployment with PATH="." or a couple of deployments with PATH set down into the STAGING area.
I'm hoping that my XML config files won't get too wild.
Thanks again.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!