Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Cannot edit DCR's anymore
mrki
Hi,
since few days it is not possible to edit any DCR's through the TS Templating UI (Browser). All attributes are correct and I can also view the DCR, but when I try to edit it nothing happens (the DCR is being locked and that's it).
btw. creating new DCR's works fine, but as soon as I try to edit them again (after saving them) nothing happens.
It happened on 2 different machines, so I doubt that it depends on the TS installation itself.
We use TS 5.5.2 with SP3 on Win2000 Server SP3.
Please HELP!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dwhitney
Check your permissions and access level. Further, make sure these files have not been marked private.
If all else is ok,and this is on an NT machine, try the magic bullet of rebooting...
mrki
Hi,
all checked and everything seems to be OK.
Also no changes after reboot.
Please notice that the same happened on two
different servers with the same structure.
The last thing I did before noticing that was to add another datatype. Afterwards no editing of DCR's was possible.
So I deleted the datatype but it is still not working.
The strange thing is that if I create a new DCR I can edit it, but as soon as I close it and try to reopen for editing nothing happens. I can only preview the DCR???
ps. if I choose "Edit with..." I can edit the file with my editor, but Templating UI does not appear anymore?!
Please HELP
Edited by mrki on 10/08/03 01:15 AM (server time).
piechart.zip
piechart.txt
Doc2.docx
mrki
OK,
I found it out!!!
the "templating.cfg" was broken. There were some "invisible"
characters inside which were created through my editor (UltraEdit) so I could not see them (also notepad ignored them). The XML was also shown correct in the browser, only the size of the file was different (2 bytes).
Well anyway, thanx for helping me guys
waldemar
Oh we encountered this problem too...
Our expierence: Never ever open and save any utf8-xml-file (like templating.cfg or any DCR!) with notepad.
Personal recommendation is to use XML Spy.
waldemar
argo-tec