Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Flexible vs. Locked down templates
Ottawa_IWOV
Hi All-
We come across a number of customers who would like CMS to be simple!
The major concerns are having content authors managing HTML within DCRs that is not sustainable and makes content updates a pain.
That ends of leading design down the path of very granular DCTs that become fixed to the site layout. This provides a lot of inflexibility when changes comes (and always does). A classic example is when a hyperlink needs to be added to a block of content that is just being managed as text (the list goes on).
I like implementing generic DCTs with open areas which allows creative teams/content editors to implement things on the fly; the web is a dynamic place these days and content editors expect to be able to change their content quickly to meet the needs of their clients.
I would be interested in obtaining the perspective of other folks on this one.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I hate the large WYSIWYG templates and avoid them at all costs. I tend to use a lot of Perl Modules to do common tasks (i.e. link module) and admin templates to manage data (say a select list, have that driven from another DCR rather than hard coded in the DCT).