Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite and repository standards. Is it important?
System
Hi DevNetters -
I'm working with a Web Architect consultant and he's asked the question 'does TeamSite comply to or implement any CMS repository / interface standards?' I thought it was a good question, so I thought I'd post it here also for those who dwell on such things.
In the early 2000's, I believe that Interwoven was involved some in the JSR-170 standards definition. But I haven't found evidence on participation on the followup JSR-283 (Content Repository) or CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services) standards. That doesn't mean they haven't been active - just that I haven't found any history of it yet.
IBM, EMC, Alfresco, DAY and others are working on the CMIS standard these days.
We've got a number of good Java developers here that love to build their own tools, CMS and otherwise. The more they do so, the more that 'herding the cats' of web development into a coherent publishing process becomes difficult. In looking at whether we can / should leverage TeamSite more, this question about utilizing standards keeps coming up.
Any ideas or experiences on this issue?
Cheers,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
What is the end goal? What is that you are trying to do? I think some context would allow others to provide you with relevant information.
Migrateduser
One goal is to re-validate that our WCM environment is staying current with the industry. There are some other implied goals in my original post also.
wmoser
at last check, Autonomy Interwoven was not at the discussion table for the development of this standard. Are they joining in later or watching from the sidelines?