Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwutild
patricia_adams
Just started as jr developer for TeamSite. I have basics not clear.
What is utild. I understand its Utility Daemon.
What kind of utility does it provide ? I mean whats the functionality provided by this daemon ? Does it just run CLTs for presentation templates ? As I know, when there is an error in presentation template, I check iwutild_cmdout.log
What eother service does this utild provide ?
If there is an error in the UI, then I check servletd.log, when do I need to check servletd_out.log ?
I looked inthe book, which I bought, but could not find much info in there.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
You do not list what version and OS of TS you are using, that matters.
Rule # 1 for debugging is to look at all logs, in reverse order of update time. Easy to see that in DOS or Unix.
That being said, servletd_out and iwutil_cmdout are 2 very common tools for debug. Utild and Servletd have their own logs, but when they execute another process, these logs are used. That is the majority of the errors.
HTH
Andy