Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Updating the Description of a Custom
ManoloMadrid
Hi everybody:
I am opening this thread because I am having the next problem:
I am trying to manage the Custom1 list of values using the API methods, this includes to create new custom values (I don’t have problems dealing with this) but too includes changing the Description for a custom1 value already existing.
I have written the next code (where newCustom1Descrip is the new description value that I want to have):
IManage.IManCustomAttributes arrCustom1 = imanDatabase.SearchCustomAttributes(custom1, IManage.imProfileAttributeID.imProfileCustom1, IManage.imSearchAttributeType.imSearchExactMatch, IManage.imSearchEnabledDisabled.imSearchEnabledOnly, true);
if (arrCustom1.Count == 1)
{
IManCustomAttribute auxAttrib = (IManCustomAttribute arrCustom1.ItemByIndex(1);
if (newCustom1Descrip != auxAttrib.Description)
auxAttrib.Description = newCustom1Descrip;
}
But I receive a compilation warning because the auxAttrib.Description property is read only (I am having the same result using NRTCustomAttributes)
How can I change the description value?
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rathna
Steps to be followed for changing the description of custom1 table.
1. Login to the worksite server using IMANADMIN.NRTSession(Logged on user should be a member of NRTAdmin Group).
2. Invoke ModifyParentCustomField() method from Database Object,
IMANADMIN.INRTDatabase2. ModifyParentCustomField(IMANADMIN.AttributeID.nrCustom1, string Alias, string NewAlias, string NewDescription,bool enabled);
I think,through IMansession we can't able to modify custom attributes property values.
Hope it helps.
Please let me know,If you need any help on this.
Thanks&Regards,
Rathina.
ManoloMadrid
It works perfect !!!
Thanks