Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Inline not working during edit
summergs
Hi,
I am calling a perl script to populate a field in the DCR (I am capturing the user ENV Var). When the DCR is new, the inline commands works great. When editing a DCR, the inline command does not get invoked, and therefor my user is always set to the user who created the original DCR. Any Ideas???
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Is the inline setting some default value in a text or textarea in the DCR? If so, it will only work for creating new DCRs. Use FormAPI instead, maybe something like
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=11033&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=getUser&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=11025
summergs
Hi John,
Thanks for responding. I tried the perl code with and without the default tags. There is no difference. It appears that if it is a DCR edit, NO inlines are called. If the DCR is new, then the inlines ARE called.
Migrateduser
That should not be the case - inlines should be called whether it is a new DCR or an existing DCR. If you add logging and confirm then I would file a case with Interwoven support.
Either way I think replacing the inline with FormAPI would fix it and require less code..
summergs
Hi John,
Thanks Again. I set the logging, and it is so that edits are not invoking inlines. How do I file a case with Interwoven support? (I will try your recommendation with FormAPI)
Thanks!
Migrateduser
Finally my titanium post, i cried a tear.
I think you can just email
support@interwoven.com
to file a case - send them a complete problem description, the diagnostics output, the DCR, Perl script and any custom modules the Perl is invoking.
summergs
Thanks!