Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VM support for teamsite and livesite
bhaskar2405
Hello All,
I just wanted to know if teamsite and livesite support VM on server in which they are installed.Objective of this is to use VM on server and there will be one VM for each development team in dev environment.
We need to facilitate working of several development teams in Teamsite and livesite and still be independent of server outages or build in other teams.
Any information on this will be highly appreciated !!
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ivanho
Yes. You can do so as far as performance is not an issue.
bhaskar2405
kool! do i need a sepearet license to run my teamsite on VM slicing?
Adam Stoller
kool! do i need a sepearet license to run my teamsite on VM slicing?
Each installation of the server software requires its own separate license - so you're looking at a potentially [very] expensive setup. You might be able to get "dev" licenses for most of them - but it still ain't cheap.
nipper
kool! do i need a sepearet license to run my teamsite on VM slicing?
Each VM is a server and needs its own license. Yes, that is potentially quite expensive, I wish IWOV had single user VM licenses.
mart2001
I wish Autonomy IWOV would address the issue. When you have multiple teams working on teamsite, if one needs to run make_toolkit or build script, it takes down the teamsite UI for a minute or two or more.... That would make one team wait if they are working on something. But when you are building against other teams with deadlines closing in, who will be the one who get to test their build first? For production, I can understand you won't do it very often. But for development, it happens quite often.
Migrateduser
I think I have an extra license hanging around. Who wants to start the bidding?
bhaskar2405
Thank you guys for the information. It is indeed very helpful. I will try to touch base with IWOV guys as well and will publish any more information that they provide about this on the forum.
Regards,
Bhaskar