Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Datadeploy multiselect to multiple rows: am I reading this right?
claudiag
I am beating my head against the wall on this one. It's so frustrating.
TS 6.7.1 on Linux, OD6.2.
The straight deployment line works fine - I can get the comma delimited values into the DB no problem. Yay?
The DCR:
[html]
Facets
Select facets
[/html]
The ddcfg:
[html]
list-to-replicant="yes" list-field="Facets/0/facet"
value-from-field="facet/[0-10]/getFacet"
is-replicant="yes" allows-null="yes"/>
[/html]
My reading of the documentation is that this should work - the list-field takes it from the current tuple (though I tried the full root container too... didn't work), and that the getFacet piece is just something tacked onto the end to give it a place to put the values, and is inconsequential as to what it's actually called. I took the example straight from the DD Admin guide, page 139. The actual doc says "The list-field attribute contains the comma separated list of values, and the list-to-replicant indicates to OpenDeploy that it must transform that list into multiple values before deployment." Seems straight forward enough.
So in theory, this should get the facet value, parse the first ten comma delimited values, and deploy them to the db. Except.. not.
A straight up "just send the whole string to the DB" dumps the entire thing in.
[html]
[/html]
Any thoughts?
(editing as the code is not showing up)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
claudiag
After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I got this to work:
[html]
list-to-replicant="yes" list-field="ProductCategory/0/Facets/0/facet/0"
value-from-field="facet/[0-10]/getFacet"
is-replicant="yes" allows-null="yes"/>
[/html]
It does say in the documentation that the list-field should contain the value you're cutting up, which to me indicates that the 0 should be present at the end, but it's nowhere in the documentation. Adding that 0 made this work. No changes to the DCT itself.