Auto Image Resize - Maintain Aspect Ratio

shydle
edited July 15, 2021 in TeamSite #1
Hello Everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum! I have a question regarding image resizing and maintaining aspect ratio. We have several images where we need to keep an image at a certain width OR a certain height. We may not know both properties.

For example, we are trying to display logos for multiple websites and brands in the header of our sites. The logos all have to display at the same height but the width is variable based on the logo. I have to keep the height at 46px because if not, it will muck up the header but each logo is different so some might be 46x100, some could be 46x150.

Another example: We have maps where the width needs to be fixed because of the size of the layer where they open, but the height will be variable because each one is a different size. We can't just load the size we want (well, we *could* but I'm trying to save time for the business) because there are three different sizes of the same image (thumbnail, display, zoom).

My question is: I want to just be able to set ONE property (either width or height) and somehow have the image resize while maintaining the aspect ratio.

Forgive me if I'm not asking this correctly. I'm coming from an end-user perspective (I'm a Business Analyst) and I'm trying to do some research for my developers to see if this is a possibility with TeamSite/MediaBin. I know there HAS to be a way to get this done - whether it's in MediaBin, TeamSite or the connection between the two. Has anyone ever ran into this issue? Anyone have any suggestions?

Any help is SO appreciated! I also posted this in the MediaBin Forum just in case it can't be handled by TeamSite. THANK YOU!!!

Sheila

Comments

• Close this thread in favor of this one. You don't need to ask the question twice, especially since it only concerns the MediaBin product (regardless of whether TeamSite is in the picture).
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs