Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Transitioning Group Task Fails
PaulW
TeamSite 6.7.2 SP2, Windows Server 2003
I have setup email notifciations using the ccmail.tpl files from the solutions folder.
I have an email notification happening, before it transitions to a group task. The email contains a finish link button, which opens a browser window pointing at: /iw-cc/transitiontask?taskid=41410
The page displays a radio select of the transition options, along with a comments box and Next and Cancel buttons. When I select an option and click the next button, I get an eror stating: "Task 41410 cannot be finished: CAS Acquisition Failed (41410)"
If I open the task details and take the task, then click on this link again and try to transition, it works fine. SO obviously, its failing because the user needs to take the task first.
THis makes sense. But I dont understand why the email tempalte recognises it s agroup task, and still displays this link. Are there any links I could provide in the email that could automtically take this task for me? Or am I going to have to create my own custom CGI page, which contains the logic to take and then transition?
What are other people doing so that users can operate on group tasks within email?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PaulW
Further to my original post, it seems that the first time the email is sent there is a Take link in the email. But after taking the task once, the owner is set, so no future takes are displayed.
For some reason, even though I have set RetainOwner to false, the owner never gets cleared. The user who first takes the task remains as the owner when performing an iwgetwfobj on thetask. This seems strange, since the TeamSite Task Details page still requires someone to take the task.
SO why isnt the owner get removed after task completion?
Adam Stoller
In answer to your first question - I've never seen an email-based solution that can truly "take" ownership of the grouptask - instead, the "take" link generally opens up the browser to the Task Details page, where you once again have to click on a "take" link in order to proceed.
You might be able to do something custom, with CSSDK, to perform this action in one pass, but the major issue is that the email client does not have your TS authentication cookies - so it cannot perform the actual take-task operation.
Also - if you haven't already noticed, the browser launched from the email client uses a different set of cookies than the browser launched from the desktop - and thus, even if you have authenticated recently in the latter, you will have to authenticate [again] in the former -- once authenticated via the email-launched browser, that session will maintain its authentication for the same amount of time as a desktop-launched session (default is, I believe, 24 hours) so that subsequent email-launched TS sessions will be authenticated.
Now, as to your second question - I believe this to be a long-standing BUG - the ownership of the grouptask is cached until the task object itself is "refreshed". What I've done in the past is - knowing that all my grouptasks are not supposed to retain ownership - configure the email so that if the target task is a grouptask I always display the take link in the email.
It's annoying (both parts), but over time you tend to learn to live with it...
DrillToDetailFromAnywhereInMeterChartArea.rptdesign
MeterChartDrillDownDetail.rptdesign