Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom XML data Model
chietala
Since the components use XML and XSL(T) I was wondering why I can't just supply the Content XML with a custom XML data model and just use XSLT to display that XML. So basically make a transform of static XML data.
Is there way of doing this? I need to use a custom model because the LiveSite does not allow nested groups.
Thanks
Chad
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
I think what you're talking about is using FormsPublisher (custom XML schema) or some other content entry mechanism, and then using a DCR datum or External classes for pulling that content into SitePublisher pages.
You're not going to be able to define your own schema for specifying how to capture your content, and expect SitePublisher to understand how to render those controls for you. If you need more complex XML content than SitePub can handle, capturing that content elsewhere is your only option.
chietala
Yea we decided to just make the data available via an external.
ResetRowCountOnEachPage.rptdesign