Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Customize Edit Details for a new node on the site map
System
LS 7.1
If this is the wrong forum I'll be happy to repost in the correct one.
We want to be able to default the URL Alias when the node is added to the site map. If it is possible where do I need to start looking for information on how to do this? Of course hints, cautionary tails, and anything else is welcome.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
Only thing that comes to mind is to have a task in your workflow execute when you're deploying the default.sitemap file, and have it fill-in default aliases where none have been provided. The default.sitemap file is just XML after all, but this is one of those things that IW could change with any upgrade.
Out of curiosity, what's the requirement behind this? I would think that if you're just looking to hide the context path and .page extension, then you could do with Apache mod_rewrite or the iisrewrite ISAPI filter.
Migrateduser
Your guess is correct, but to ensure there is no confusion.
sites/www/bike-tour/home.page by default will be
http://www.us.org/www/bike-tour/home.page
we want it to be
http://www.us.org/bike-tour/home
So it is easy enough to see that the value from "Link Page" is the perfect default value for the URL Alias.
Fill me in on apache mod_rewrite. I was under the assumption that it fixed incoming links not out going links.
I was thinking it should be easy enough to add some javascript to the page to copy the value from one textbox to the other and call the add button. Just dont know where the jsp is.