Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy 5.6 replication farm question
System
I have the need for the following process:
Deployment farm consists of SRV1 and SRV2. I need the deployment to be transactional but I need it to first do SRV1 and then SRV2 if SRV1 completed successfully. Currently it starts the deployment on both at the same time and then waits for the transaction to complete on both to remove the iwnew extension. Any ideas? What we did before was have multiple od config files representing each server and then called one and then the other after but that was not transactional??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
One approach might be a multi-tier transactional deployment. (You need OD 5.6 for that.) If deployment to the 1st target is successful, deployment to the 2nd target is initiated (from the 1st). If the 2nd is successful, both are committed. If the 2nd fails, both roll back.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
books.pdf
Migrateduser
But would I not have to have the OD5.6 base installed on every server that is going to deploy downward? I think that the difference between ODbase and ODreceiver is like 10grand. That is going to be hard to sell to management???
Thanks
Mark
Migrateduser
Multi-tier is the only way I know to get sequential transactional behavior out of the box.
I have no idea what the licensing would be for your specific company and use cases, but your Interwoven account rep should be able to help with that.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com