We are currently running TS 7.2 and would like to restrict a specific role from editing existing DCRs. I have edited templating.cfg and added the < data-type dcr-type="xml" name="Config" > < allowed > < not > < cred role="role_1"/ > < /not > < /allowed >...< /data-type >< /code >Still users with the role "role_1" are able to edit the DCR.Is there something I"m doing wrong ?? Is it even supported in 7.2 ?? Thank you.
Hi,Why are you not putting the same thing in your DCT?For more information refer to ts.dev.pdf.Thanks.
Check to see if that user is part of other roles as well for that branch. With groups assigned to roles and branches inheriting roles, a user can have several roles.
Yes it works within the DCT, but I would have to add it to all the fields within the DCT, that is my last resort. Its preferred that we set the DCT as a whole.
Hi,It should have worked if its working in DCT level.Nipper had a strong point but you confirm that too.Its not wise to do it in DCT level for all the fields instead I would recommend that you try for some other role in templating.cfg and find out if it works.Thanks.