I contacted IWOV (officially) about IE8 (but not Windows 7) for TS 6.7.1 SP1. The response was basically: "it's not supported, but give it a go" (this is heavily para-phrased by myself).I gave it a go and had some problems (mainly to do with the tabs and window-focus). The problems were manageable by myself (who can work around these things), but we decided not to recommend it to our contributors because they would seriously get gazumped by it.I can't imagine there were many browser-related differences between 6.7.1 SP1 and 6.7.2 but I don't really know. I know that 6.7.2 SP2 only supports IE7 (officially), but IE7 does have tabbing, so maybe my problems wouldn't exist on that platform.ps. would be interested to know what "bugs" you are finding in 7.2. We are planning the upgrade process right now (mainly so we can use IE8 :-).
well, I found that the admin UI does have some issues with user search, etc. Also, most of our metadata form CGI callouts, that work in 6.7.2, don't work (despite adhering to the documented API) - I do find workarounds, but the 'upgrade' will mean almost double of the estimated time. A lots of other UI issues, e.g., the admin UI does not show OS groups for a user, only TS groups. Switches from Admin UI to CC STD to CC PRO sometimes work, sometimes dont, etc... Very amusing.But with the compatibility - thanks for that, I will have to try myself, but I needed an oficial word from 'almost non-existent' support.
Thanks for the heads-up! Guess I'll have to advise my organization (6000+ desktops) that they won't be able to upgrade to IE8 just yet ;-).