Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
don't know if this is possible
nipper
I have a DCR with an owner defined (nipper, smitty, fish, etc). I want to have my WF open the DCR (easy enough) decide who owns it & make that person the approver.
Currently this is done with a nested job, I want to get rid of that.
My question is, currently I am reading the owner from the DCR in the start task. to get things ready for the nested.
For this work work without a nested WF, I would need to read the DCR and assign the owner before the job is instantiated.
Is this possible ? Obviously I cannot add a DCR after the job is started, but can I run something (that knows the filelist) before the job is started ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, and I don't use Templating so I am clueless as to how a DCR works, so feel free to make fun of me if I prove to be MoronDave. If you get the person you filter out as the owner of the DCR in your start task (however you do that), then making that person an approver is as simple as using WFtask:
etOwner() on the approval task, isn't it? Am I missing something?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Jeremy
Would it not be possible to read the DCR at the begining of the workflow? I mean in the <template_script> part? Sure its not much but it would eliminate an extra task. After returning this value it could be used to set the owner of the Approval task.
Just a suggestion.
Jeremy
nipper
It does not matter whether it is a DCR or not. Could be a regular file.
>Would it not be possible to read the DCR at the begining of
>the workflow? I mean in the <template_script> part? Sure its
>not much but it would eliminate an extra task. After returning
>this value it could be used to set the owner of the Approval
>task.
That is exactly what I want to do. But here is the catch. When template_script is executed (I think) there is no "job" yet, so the normal procedures we use to know which files are attached to the job won't work.
So my question is, is there any way to identify a file TO BE attached to a job (selected when the user presses submit), when the template_script is executed ?
Then I can set up the owner approval without the nested workflow that my users HATE.
I have filed a bug on iwwft_compile & hope that will, someday get fixed, but I do not hold much hope.
Andy
Migrateduser
In your WFT, you get a form variable called
iw_file
that is automatically assigned the value(s) of any files you have preselected prior to clicking on the Select button. You absolutely can get the filenames within your TemplateScript area and do whatever you like with it. Use the syntax:
__VALUE__('iw_file');
If there are multiple files, you can utilize this as an array.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
Thanks, I guess you are not a Moron after all. :-)
Migrateduser
Aw shucks...
I'll private message you an example as well.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com