hi, I have implemented my task properly.The execute() method is working fine.but i m not getting the configurable variable there. the CSTask object is task. but task.getVariable("fname"); is not working. I think there is some other way to get the configurable variable. I cann't find it out. please help me
Hi,But assigning a value to the task variable using a configurable variable doesnot solve my problem , i think. I can't use my task variable as a parameter to the url command of my urlexternal task( I amy be wrong.. Correct me if i am).I need to pass a task variable to the urlexternal task in its url command. I think it is possible to pass only the configurable variable. Thats why i am trying to set the value to configurable variable of a task ..Please suggest me a way..Regards,Pooj
...public void execute(CSClient myClient, CSExternalTask myTask, java.util.Hashtable myParams) throws CSException { ... String myVal = myTask.getVariable("my_var"); System.out.println("myVal = '" + myVal + "'"); // #=# debugging / verification ...}
You don't need to pass any special parameters on the URL, you just need to make sure that the task level variable is defined correctly for the task in question and that it has the value you want (the CV value) - and then you access that information through the CSTask [CSExternalTask] object.
Actually i need to pass the full path of files attched to the workflow into a urlexternal task's url command.
Actually i need to pass the full path of files attched to the workflow into a urlexternal task's url command. Since i am not getting the fullpath in urlcommand of the urlexternal task , i tried in a different way. I tried to get the file's fullpath in an urlexternal task and set a variable of next urltask . Since i cannot pass the task variable directly in url command of urlexternal task i am trying to set the cv variable of workflow or next task herePlease help me
Hi,I agree.. But shall we pass the fullpath as below in uelcommand:http://.........url...?fpath='fullpath' . inplace of 'fullpath' i need the value of fullpath