Hi,
I created component that generates an html form. When submitting the form with special characters in a text field (within the form), ex: portuguese characters "ã ; ç" and so on, we were not able to get those characters correctly through the RequestContext.getParameterString() method.
After getting the parameter its value contains strange characters instead of the original ones.
We also tried to decode the parameter value (using URLDecoder.decode(param, "UTF-8")), but we had no success. After decoding the result was exactly the same as the value from the RequestContext.
I think the data in the POST were encoded as you may see in the fiddler capture below, and once the request is intercepted by the server, it was decoded but with a different char-set (not the UTF-8).
This is the value inserted in the form's field:
Hugo Venâncio João Gonçalves
|
This is the HTTP request (intercepted by fiddler):
This is the parameter value from the RequestContext:
key(clientName)=value[Hugo Venâncio João Gonçalves]:class[java.lang.String]
|
I'm using Win2008 Server + Interwoven TS / LS 7.1.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Luis